Wednesday, March 16, 2011

blessings :)



you never really know how blessed you are until someone or something puts it into perspective. 
to quote my good friend Elder Eldridge in one of his recent letters from the Philippines, 

"One last thought, Well while living here I have seen so many people struggling daily to earn money for food, to live. They live in dirt huts, eat a hand full of rice a day, and yet so many of them recognize that handful of rice as a blessing, I have been humbled so much and recognized how much I took the everyday blessings of life in America for granted. I did not appreciate running water until I had to shower with a bucket and a little ladle. I did not appreciate my family, my friends, and my religion. I would encourage all of you to count your blessings... the poor conditions these wonderful people live in and I'd challenge you to recognize your blessings and how easy you truly do have it."

1 comment:

  1. We truly are blessed. I forget sometimes...thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete